Pages



Thursday, July 16, 2015

Everley 2 months



How is that July 9 came and now we have a 2 month old baby girl on our hands. I know I am shocked just like the rest of you all are. We are still completing in love with little miss Everley and wonder what life was like without her. {though lets be honest, when are you not in love with your children. Don't let the thoughts of tantrums or disobedience enter your mind either, those only count for not liking your child during that moment. Trust me we have all been there, I have been there just recently with Tensley.}


You can find bow here


This month we have really been able to see peaks of Everley's personally peak through and I'm loving every minute of that! She is talking up a storm while on her play mat or when Tensley is close by. She is still sometimes unsure of Tensley, but you can tell she loves her so because she is constantly looking for her when she hears her voices. {Insert my heart melting here}

It has also been a month of first! First bath in the big tub. First trip to the beach. First nap in the sand. First vacation. First time in nursery at church (Sunday and Wednesday night). First time in child care at our local YMCA. This weekend she will attend her first wedding {I know we are brave. It's a family wedding so the girls can't skip out. Please pray for us this weekend. If Everley can keep her cool during the ceremony, I will consider the entire weekend a success! #smallvictories #settingmystandardslow }

She hates tummy time, I mean HATES it. We are good for about the first minute and a half, then we blow out into a full on tantrum; kicking and screaming her little lungs out until you finally pick her up or roll her onto her back. No fear we are still working on head control over here just not with tummy time. Little miss prefers to practice her neck strengthening muscles by sitting up or being up on someones shoulder. She is our nosey little girl, she doesn't want to miss a beat.

Everley's Romper can be found here.

She is still getting up once a night to nurse, its a rare occasion for her to be up multiple times during the night. She typically goes down between 9:00-10:00pm and then up again between 2:00-3:00am, then she starts her every 2-3 hour feedings at 5:00am. She is still sleeping in our room in her bassinet,  our goal is to move her to her room by Mid-August. That is when I will be working on getting our school routine back into play. Right now we are just enjoying summer and going with the flow.
 It is fun to see Everley put herself on her own schedule, helps me to see what we need to change or tweak once Tensley goes back to school in Sept. Right now Everley keeps up between 7:30-8:00am to start her day. Takes a morning nap around 9:30 till about 11ish. Then an afternoon nap around 1 till about 3:30 or 4ish. She is great about going with the flow and adjusting herself to the activities and schedule I have that day for Tensley.
     [disclaimer: thought I don't want summer to end, I am counting down the days until we are all on a  more accurate and daily schedule. 50 days to go!]




We go back to the doctor next week, so at this time I only know her weight and height from last month. She was 10 lbs 8 oz and 21.5 inches long. I'm interested to see how much she has grown this month, I wonder if its another 3 lbs and 3 inches. Girl can eat!!


Besides talking a ton, she is smiling. It is the sweetest thing and will honestly melt your heart if she smiles up at your. Right now its for people she recognizes, but I'm sure before long this sweet girl will be smiling all the time.

She has found her fist, fingers, and thumb. Constantly sucking on them if she is hungry or her paci has come out. If I see her sucking on her fingers/thumb and I know she isn't hungry, I'm quick to get the paci in her mouth instead. WHY? Its simple really, I can get rid of a paci. I can't get rid of a thumb.

Just like Tensley she seems to be keeping her blue eyes, Thanks Daddy! Her hair is slowly starting to show some blonde in it. So we are all assuming she will lighten up before her 1st birthday just like big sister did, though only time can truly tell.

She looks just like her big sister and in a lot of ways acts about the same way she did as a baby. Though I'm sure it won't last for much longer before she develops more of her own style and personality that fits her. Now she is trying to learn to love the comparisons she gets to her big sister, mostly she just makes faces at us when she says she looks like her. #youngersisterproblems


Tensleys Tunic here and Everley's Dress here

If I could dress them like this everyday I would, however we would be broke and David would probably set up some kind of intervention. But seriously though, how stinking cute is this photo and those crab outfits! Mud-Pie I need a crab tunic in my size ASAP!  I'm totally jealous that I'm not matching along with my sweet girls.
  Don't worry in time we will all be matching/coordinating our outfits together. I'm thinking about declaring #LilySunday a rule in our house. Think I could convince David that every Sunday for church his girls should be in Lily Pulitzer. :)





No comments :

Post a Comment