Pages



Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Weekend: Trucks, Hikes & Crafts Edition


We had such a great weekend, all of our fun really started on Friday. It was my aunt Denise's last day of vacation, so we called her first thing in the morning to spend the day with her. We stayed at her house all day crafting, watching movies, and doing a little bit of shopping at our two craft stores.

We completed Tensley's mirror and photo frame, I will post about those later this week and how we did them both step by step. We are hoping to have David hang them later this week, once he has hung them we will be one step closer to finishing Tensley dress up closet area. I can't wait to see her face when it is all finished. I might even start putting some of my fancier clothes in her closet just so I can get dressed in there! :)







Friday evening we had dinner with my in-laws, then stayed to watch a movie. We truly watched a vintage classic. Now the movie wasn't really that old, it was made in the mid-90s. However we watched it on a VHS Tape. Yes they still work, the quality is decent, the sound was great, and we loved it! My in-laws probably have one of the few VHS players that still work and a ton of the old movies from when the boys were kids. Tensley picked out Andre to watch (a movie about a Seal that becomes adopted into a family in Maine. Its a true story. Now Tensley wants a pet seal and for us to move to Maine). She was very excited to watch the VHS and use the player herself.







Saturday came early that morning. We all were up to go attend a local event Touch-A-Truck at one of our favorite parks. David's company placed on of their vans in the event this year, lucky enough it was David's van. So he cleaned and detailed it pretty well, then ended up working the event from 10-12! My aunt Carolyn and I took the girls. She was a huge help pushing Everley around while I went from truck to truck with Tensley. We did the majority of the event. Tensley really enjoyed the police cars, ambulances, and firetrucks. As well as the tractors and backhoes. Plus the cars that gave out candy or color books!











After the tractors, she was ready to find her daddy. So we went over the SLK van to see David and his co-workers. We got the girls finger prints done and then went off to explore a little bit more. One of my favorite trucks is the US Foods truck, then entire thing is a freezer! So we all took turns walking through it to cool off. Everley was getting fussy at this point, so I took her out of her stroller and walked her into the truck. She loved it and was wide awake the entire time we were in there. I know she appreciated being cooled off as well. We passed the bubble foam area and the big water sprinkler the fire truck had, before we headed off to let Tensley do her last event. She chose the truck they let you swing on the rope.





My father-in-law surprised us with our nephew Breydan at this truck. So afterwards we went to get ice cream! Our local creamery had their truck their and I will use any excuse to buy their ice cream (or their chocolate milk during birthday months!). We grabbed some ice cream, then headed toward David's van one last time. This time I remembered to take a picture.





Then we quickly headed out, to get some lunch and feed Everley at Carolyn's house. David and I quickly ate because we had plans to meet friends to go hiking. We left the girls with Carolyn's and off we went to meet our friends at the farm.
We quickly caught up with Trevor and Jennifer, then we all headed to Peaks of Otter together. This was a hike that I had never done before, but everyone else had. They assured me it wasn't a long hike, however it was mainly up hill and rocky. So for this momma it was a little tough. However we accomplished getting to the top in an hour and 15 minutes, not to bad. They all said it typically takes people around an hour to get to the top. So I didn't feel that bad for needing a couple breaks on the way up. :)






The boys climbed some of the rocks and at one point even Jennifer climbed up there with them. I thought it would be in my best interest to stay down, ya know incase I needed to get help. Okay, it honestly made me nervous just watching them climb and my anxiety was through the roof. I knew if I had attempted to climb them, it wouldn't have been pretty. Envision a panic attack, shaking, and probably some tears. It would have totally embarrassed David, so I saved us all the trouble and stayed on the ground. Your are welcome babe!


The hike down didn't take as long, only an hour. It was pretty easy down, you do have to watch out for those rocks again. If you not paying attention you can easily twist or break an ankle. I nearly fell twice, but caught myself. Wahoo!

That night Everley most have known I was exhausted because that precious girl slept from 9pm till 5:30am! Wahoo! I'm talk for 8 1/2 hours of sleep after a day like that. I'm not getting my hopes up that she will do it again, but I believe we are getting closer to sleeping through the night. Which makes me extremely excited and sad at the same time. I'm only sad because I know once she can sleep through the night we will be moving her to her room, I won't get to see this sweet girl beside me in her bassinet first thing in the morning anymore. (Dear Everely, you can stop growing up now. XOXO Momma)


Sunday we went to church and then just lounged around the rest of the day. We picked up a little bit here and there. Did a few loads of laundry, made pizza for dinner, gave the girls baths, and called it a night. Well not without a tantrum of course, but trust trying to keep things real over here.

No comments :

Post a Comment