Pages



Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday || Introduction & Goals 2016


Due to a quick stomach bug hitting out house, this post didn't get to go up yesterday morning like I planned. If I'm honest I didn't even get to write it until Wednesday morning. The life of a mama, always taking care of someone. #ILOVEIT! :)







photo: Ashley Powell Photography 


I'm Lauren and this is my best guy David.
Married to this handsome fella for almost 5 years! 


Photo: Ashley Powell Photography

We have 2 beautiful girls, Everley Ann (9months) and Tensley Grace (4 years)




David and I currently live in my childhood home, the home that my mother passed away 7 years ago in. You can read all about the little gray house here and the back bedroom here
This blog is my outlet to share how I'm growing to love this home more, make it my own, and share tidbits of our daily lives. 



When I'm not blogging, I stay home with those two precious girls. I love being a stay at home mama, though I have called David once or twice asking him to go back to work. (Just being real y'all!)
During my free time (did you laugh, because I did), more like nap/quiet time I work my Rodan + Fields business. I became a Consultant with them Dec. 2014, I'm so thankful I partnered with them! 





If you follow along with on Instagram, then you probably saw that I posted goals David and I made for the year. On our date night to kick off the new year, we agreed to make 3 goals.
1. Individual/Personal
2. Marriage
3. Family

I won't be sharing those on the blog. Instead I will be focusing more on a few other goals I have set for myself. 

When I was thinking about goals for the year and praying for them. I BIG one for me kept coming up.

CONTENTMENT

For me this is something I can struggle with, I feel like it's part of the social media addicted world we live in. Y'all know what I'm talking about, comparing yourself to the perfectly filtered instagram photo, the super clean pinterest home, and the cutest craft mama ya ever did see. 
This year my goal is to be CONTENT. 
Content with our home, if you have been following along you know how hard that one is for me. 
Content with my style of parenting, content with where we live (again another hard one), and content in our season. 
So my word for the year is Contentment! 

Goals that I want to accomplish this year: 
-sending our more personal mail! 
-attempting to make more family dinners, maybe not ruin them too. 
-reading at least 2 books a month and blog about them.
-set work hours for R+F and sticking to them.
-be present and intentional in family time.
-Take more pictures/videos of the girls.
-More date nights!!
-blog 2-3 times a week.
-slowly decorate the house more with things that matter.


4 comments :

  1. Contentment. What a good word to have in mind when starting off a new year. Found you through the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute girls! Great link up to meet other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment!!! I think we could all use a little more of that. I know I'll be working on it. In church the other day they sang a song and the words... Lord give me eyes to see, you're all I need.... hit me right in the heart! I found you through the link up also! I'm excited to read along !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love the goal of contentment! I agree, social media can make it difficult to be satisfied with the abundant blessings we already have. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete