Pages



Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Workin' It Wednesday || New Year's Goals


Oh I just love linking up with some of my favorite bloggers, don't y'all?
Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika in their new Workin' It Wednesday Series! 


If your missing linking up with them today, don't worry there is always next month.
Here is the schedule for the upcoming year! 
So let's jump into the post shall we...


New Year's Goals!

Okay so typically in the years past I would write down my goals for the year.
Start off really strong like I'm sure we all do, then I would fizzle out around summer....
and honestly by the end of the year I have forgotten what my goals were. 
It's always so depressing and sad for me. 


So this year I'm changing things up. 
I'm ONLY doing a word this year. 
Every year I pick a word, to help me focus in on things for that year. 
This year my word is CONTENTMENT!
Knowing the struggle I have had living in my late mother's house, I feel like this word is perfect for 2017. To continue not only loving living in this home, but being truly content here and with the way our homes look. 



Now if I were going to come up with 5 goals they would probably be something like this...
1. Slow down and take the little years in!
2. Camping and Hiking as a Family! 
3. Learn calligraphy.
4. Take more photos with my camera and not my iPhone! 
5. Play, Play, and Play more with the girls.



Do you keep with your New Year's Goals or do you seem to fizzle out on them mid-year like me?
Have you ever picked a word for the year to focus on and improve in? 

4 comments :

  1. YES! To taking more photos with my camera and less with my phone. I really need to work on this as well. Happy New Year!

    -Abby, http://therealhousewifeofdc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hold each other accountable Abby!
      Happy New Year

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! And to answer your question on my cleaning schedule, I break it up by floor.
      Monday- laundry
      Tuesday- basement and main floor (vacuum, dust, mop, lysol/clorox wipe surfaces, clean toilet, sink, etc)
      Wednesday- master suite (vacuum, dust, mop, clean toilet/shower)
      Thursday- clean top floor (vacuum, etc)
      Friday- laundry
      Saturday and Sunday- I don't stress it :)

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of choosing a word for the year! Contentment is perfect :)

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete