Pages



Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Basement Inspiration



We have been in our home a little over 5 years now. 
We have painted 4 rooms.
Everything else looks just like it did when I was growing up, the only difference is the furniture and a ton of little girls toys all around the house.

For some time now I have been itching to really change things up.
David is very much a saver and a realistic spender. 
I'm more like "oh I like this, lets get it." Or "let's pay someone to do this." 
See why it has taken us 5 years to really change things up. 


So we finally agreed to change up the basement. 
I'm so excited because guys that room has a 2 tone paint job, gray on the top and a dark red/maroon like on the bottom. 


When did Tensley go from this little toddler

to this semi big girl! It's true babies don't keep! 
Also, do you see what I mean about the 2 tone color.
So now all the red/maroon is gone! Wahoo

Just recently we I have painted the bottom half, we painted it Greek Villa by Sherwin Williams.
I love having a white on the bottom and a gray on the top.
Once we finish deciding on furniture and decor I can't wait to show you all the finish results.


Here are some of my favorite basement looks that I'm using for inspirations.
Which one is your favorites?


1. This photo was our inspiration for the paint color. Our gray isn't this dark but it still 
helped us decide to put white on the bottom. 


2. Don't you love that bench seating on the side of the tv. 
I just love the cabinets underneath for storage. 
{we need all the storage we can create!}


3. The lighting in this basement is my favorite. 
We are talking about putting track lighting in our basement, 
anyone ever tackle that themselves?


4. I mean guys that built in, the lighting and the wall colors. 


5. I love the fireplace in the corner, we have a gas-log 
unit that is in the corner. Maybe I should convince David to give it this built in look! 


6. Those built in and the pallet wall. 

one || two || three || four || five || six


Which one is y'alls favorite? 
I feel like I need to take a little something from each look 
to create our perfect basement space. 

No comments :

Post a Comment