Pages



Friday, January 1, 2016

Family Command Center



David has been working hard on putting together a little place for the girls to put their things (book bags, coats, purses, etc). We have a small wall in-between our kitchen and bathroom that I knew it would be perfect for. Each girl we will get 2 hooks each for their belongings and a chalk board above to right fun notes or for them to draw during the day.

Now obviously Everley won't be for taking in this fun project until she is older. I will keep most of there things here so it's all in the same place. For now it will mainly be an area for Tensley to keep organize, but I'm excited for the day to come when both girls can equally use this space and I can write little notes for both of them in the morning.

The beginning



She loves helping with her projects!



Painting away! 


All Done! 


I absolutely love how this area turned out for the girls! Not only has it cleared up space by the door for David and I to put our coats, but Tensley loves being able to pick out her own coat each morning. We made it so each girl would have 4 hooks, however it seems that Tensley has overtaken most of the hooks. #littlesisterproblems  As long as I can place the diaper bag and Everley's coats on there I don't really complain, its the girls space.

Right now we have only written their names on chalkboard, but I can't wait to add special notes for Holiday, Back to School Countdowns or other random notes! I hope that one day they would also enjoy playing on the chalkboard together while I'm making dinner.


*All the wood was bought and cut at our local Lowes store. So thankful they were able to cut the wood for us on the spot, thanks for helping making this vision come true! :)




No comments :

Post a Comment