Pages



Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Laundry Fiasco



Last night was my FIRST true Laundry Fiasco. Think fear of ruining clothes, thinks sopping wet, whites are different shades of pink, and your 4yr old completely and utterly freaking out! 

Are you picturing it? Okay I forgot to mention the 2 different phone calls I made semi-freaking out to my aunt and god-mother. 

Yep, this is my life. 



The girls and I got home last night, I went to start the girls laundry while Tensley was getting ready for bed. Thought when I start pulling the laundry out of the basket, some pieces were already wet. Farther I got down the basket, the more wet the clothes became. 
I thought this was funny, because I knew I hadn't had to rinse any of their clothes out due to accidents or food/paint. When I realized it was all over the majority of their clothes, I knew something was wrong.

I quickly grabbed the laundry detergent, nope not wet at all. Strange right? 


When I pulled out Tensley's brand new Olivia dress, one of the shoulders was PINK! 
Not only did I start semi-freaking out, but Tensley saw the dress and Boo-Hoo'd hard! 




Let me say, this is not the WORSE shirt. But it was differently up there. 


Blankie :(


Yes, even my carpet got stained from laying down the clothes!
AHHHHHHH Pink Carpet! 


The culprit. Needless to say Never buy a shirt from the Dollar General.
This is also Tensley's favorite 'play' dress that her PawPaw got her. 



All of the girls favorite outfits and new outfits from Christmas are soaking in
Oxy-Clean. 


After sending multiple pictures message to my God-Mama. 
I finally send the following text

"I thought these things were only suppose to happen to newly married wives, I'm almost a 5 year veteran" 
#wifefail #momfail


Do you have any laundry fail moments? Where you a newlywed when it happened or a veteran {ya know 5 years or more ;) } I'd love to hear your stories. 


2 comments :

  1. Oh no, that's terrible!
    I used to notice my clothes would have a weird blue tint to them and I thought it was because I was using my Downy softener wrong so I stopped using it. As it turns out, I finally figured it was from not separating my new, darker denims. Oops.
    Did I mention I hate laundry!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lauren! That's terrible :( I hope the oxyclean works for you!!!

    ReplyDelete