Pages



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

2015 Big Snow

During the last few weeks of February we received our BIG SNOW! For our little valley in Virginia we typically only get 1 big snow storm a year and it's always in either January or February. For me I can handle one snow storm, as long as it quickly melts away within 48 hours and doesn't linger. However that never seems to be the case for the snow storms we get, they always seem to linger on. Many school systems in our area were closed for 6 days in a row, maybe longer. I was starting to go stir crazy!

I have also never been a big fan of playing in the snow either. I would personally rather stay inside with a a nice large cup of hot chocolate while I watch the kids play or the snow fall my window with a blanket and the fire burning. I know many of you probably feel the same way!
I am extremely thankful that David loves to play in the snow and that he was off for 2 days (this is how you know the weather is bad, when your husband's work closes!) Tensley and David had a blast in the snow, I will admit I did attempt a small amount of snow play this year. However I will saying being 7.5 months pregnant and trying to find snow clothes is hard. The struggle to get layered up was ugly my friends, real ugly!








We love that old sled, but it sure was hard to use in the snow in our yard. So we attempted road sledding. That didn't last very long since we didn't go really fast and we were nervous that someone would get seriously injured. So we loaded up the car in search for a good hill. We even convinced David to pick up a plastic sled! Wa Hoo! David was less then thrilled about purchasing another sled, especially since the only place that was open was one of our local hardware stores. He jokes that he practically took out another mortgage to purchase the sled. However seeing the look on Tensley's face when he showed her the blue sled made it completely worth it!







No comments :

Post a Comment