Pages



Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First Day of School



We did it! We survived the First Day of School! No one shed any tears, nope not even momma. 
This year school year was a little bittersweet for us, Tensley was changing schools. It was a hard decision for us to make to leave our beloved BB Preschool. Though changes were being made and during that time David and I spent a lot of time in prayer about it. We ultimately felt the Lord saying that Tensley needed to be somewhere else. So this year she will be attending Fort Preschool with a ton of her buddies from church! 

I have these moments of parenting to be some of the hardest. Making sometimes big changes like this for your children, even when they can't completely understand or get to express their opinion. Tensley  was very nervous about her new school at first, she kept saying she wanted to be back at BB. Then she would remember her favorite to guys (besides Daddy of course), Kolton & Lucas, would be with her. 






"When I grow up I want to be a Ballerina"


Kaylee & Tensley. Sweetest Friends

When I picked Tensley up from Fort she was all smiles, which I knew was a sign of a GREAT first day! I had asked to you remember 2 things from school so she could tell me when I picked her up. 
     1. What is one thing that you learned today?
             -I don't like the nap time, we had to lay down for an hour! 
       Disclaimer: After snack, the kiddos rest for about 5 minutes with heads on the table. To help with calming down and self control before their next activity. 
     2. How many m&ms did you receive for before? 
             -They didn't do today, they said on the second day we will start this. 
        Disclaimer: They use the m&m system for their behavior chart. Each child starts the day with 5 m&ms, any disobedience means taking away an m&m. Right before it's time to get picked up for the day, the kids are handed out their amount of m&ms they earned for the day. 



I learned some other fun facts about Tensley's day as I continued to ask questions during the day. 
          1. She really enjoyed the playground
           2. She pretty much played with Lucas and Kaylee the entire time. Though I did see 1 photo from her teacher showing her playing with 2 other little girls. She denies that picture. 
          3. She saw her friend Kolton (He is in the 4's class) and he waved at her twice during school. This was pretty much the highlight of her day. {Fun Fact: She wants to marry Kolton when she grows up and prays that this is part of God's plan for her life almost every day!}
         4. She is upset her new school doesn't do lunch. 
         5. She enjoyed painting on her first day



I'm thankful Tensley had a great first day and she is enjoying her new school. I'm looking forward to this new year, her new friends at Fort, and all the new things she will learn.  Everley and I did miss her terribly though. Everley was so upset about it, that she napped the majority of the morning. While I spent some time relaxing. I was afraid to get into anything knowing that I only had 3 hours and how fast it would sneak up on me. Plus I wasn't sure how the carpool line would turn out. Now we are all more prepared and ready for Wednesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment