Pages



Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Roundup



We had a wonderful but extremely busy weekend. We were constantly on the go and moving all around. I think that is why Sunday we were all feeling sort of out of it, even exhausted!

Friday night David got off work early and we were quick to head out after her home. We took Tensley to meet her friend Eisley for vacation bible school at her church. So we drove over to that side of town and dropped her off for an evening of fun. While Tensley was at VBS, David and I got to have a quick little date night. Though we had an extra special little guest with us, though we were both pleased she slept through the entire thing!

We ate a local restaurant that was new to us, Top Dawg. The food was pretty good, David and I were both pretty pleased. However it took forever for our food to come and the restaurant was freezing. I may or may not have complained the entire time because I was so cold.

We picked Tensley up that evening and attempted our 21 day fix workout. IT was an epic fail. WHY? Well clearly the dinner choices we made at Top Dawg and the things they use to make their food, totally tore up mine and Davids stomaches. So bad that we were able to complete the workout. So we both ended up going to bed early that night.

Saturday morning came early as well. We had to have Tensley back at her last morning of VBS at 10:30 right after it was over at 12:30 her and David had a special date. So she spent all morning picking out the perfect outfit, jewelry and hair accessories.
     Silly me I forgot to get a picture of Tensley before I dropped her off. I did grab a quick photo of David before he went to pick her up, but I wish I had snapped one of the both of them when they got home.

Together they went to see Beauty and the Beast play with her friend Eisley and her dad. David said they had an amazing time together. Tensley had never seen Beauty and the Beast before, I meant to rent the movie from the library on Friday. However I dropped the ball on that one. Thats okay though, David said she did get and really got into the story. The entire way home she kept telling David how beautiful Belle was and how she wanted to wear a Belle dress.
She asked multiple times that evening to go back to see the play again. :)

Once they got home we quickly changed and headed up the mountain for a little adventure. David was itching to do something as a family all outside, so we went up to Fenwick Mines in New Castle. We didn't get to explore as much as David would have liked because it started to rain once we got there plus Tensley fell asleep in the car.

We drove around to explore for a little bit, we drove up some of the different service roads and even another road to see a wonderful view. The road was a little broken up and uneven, my anxiety was getting the best of me. We didn't have sell service and I was imagining all the "worse case scenarios in my head. So we didn't make it to the top. David found out later that it was a great place to go rock climbing or bungee jumping. Looks like we will be making the trip up there again soon, this time I will be better prepared.


Poor girl fell asleep before we arrived

Can you see she was thrilled for an adventure! Ha Ha

Wahoo Family Fun! 

Gorgeous view, only half way up to the top! 
           {I forgot to download the photos/videos from our good camera, so I will share those ones I get them off my camera}

That evening we came home, bathed the girls and had a nice quiet evening at home. David and I decided to have a movie date since both of the girls were sleeping. Though I was expecting a suspenseful movie when I asked David to pick it out. He choose Taken 2, since having the girls I can't really stomach to watch movies like that. So I played on the laptop searching for land or houses for us  in our current area. Then even for fun looked for houses in a few other the other places we said we would move to. Many things are up in the air right now, we are still praying about it all and making decisions. We know that we are hoping to be moving out of our house in the next year or two. I'm sure the journey to moving will be full of a bundle of new emotions as we prepare my mother's house and get ready to sell it. Writing this already gives me mixed emotions, makes me extremely nervous, and excited for something new.

After church on Sunday we attempted shoe shopping, it was a complete disaster. Tax free weekend + Large Crowds + Tired Tensley = DISASTER!
We had picked out 3 shoes for Tensley, but things were turning bad quick and the lines were long. So we knew it was the best idea to just order online and left empty handed. Thankful for afternoon Sunday naps.

But Sunday naps didn't cure all the tired and crankiness we had earlier that day. Tensley ended up with a fever of 102 that evening. So meds, the princess diaries movie, and snuggles were in order.

Princess Diaries cures all fevers
Born to be a princess


While Tensley and I were snuggling, Everley was learning new milestones on her big 3 month birthday today. (cue me sobbing here).

One minute we looked down to see Everley playing on her mat, trying to roll over.


Then all of a sudden we looked over and saw a little girl had rolled on over. Wait What?




A fun weekend full of family, the theater, and rolling over!


No comments :

Post a Comment