Pages



Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites: 21 Day Fix Edition



Today I am linking up with Andrea and the other ladies for Friday Favorites, today mine is all about the 21 day fix! 


For the past two weeks I have been doing the 21 day fix challenge. I can not speak volumes about the program,  I just love it all. The 30 minute work outs, the meal portions, and the shakeology... oh the shakeology!


If you're not familiar with the 21 day fix, I'll give you a little information about it. For 21 days you do a daily 30 minute work out, have 1 shakeology (meal-replacement), and your portion containers for all of the food groups. Each container is a different color and stands for a different food groups.
 Green = Vegetables
 Purple = Fruits
 Red = Proteins
 Yellow = Carbs
  Blue = Healthy Fats
 2 Orange = Seeds & Dressings


The first week David and I were doing our workouts in the evening, then I would drink my shakeology immediately right afterwards. The workouts were great, but doing them at 9:30 at night was not my favorite thing. So I tried to do them in the morning, however I have been having a hard time becoming a morning person. Every day we did a different exercise which is something that I love. 




Autumn does a great job of motivating you during the 30 minute exercise. Each exercises only last 1 minute and you typically do them twice. She gives you plenty of rest times in-between the exercises and rounds, while she explains the next workout and how to properly do it. 
Another reason I love having Autumn lead the workouts is that she makes sure to point what  is the wrong way or a modified way to do the exercises if you need them. 




Tensley has even been working out with us a few nights last week, I was really impressed with how well she did working out with us and lasting the entire 30 minutes. She has even been requesting to work out with me. She always request her own yogo mat, her jingle bells (her markers that she uses as dumb-bells), and her own water. 




I was finally able to switch my workouts to end the morning this week, it has truly worked out the best and I'm able to put my shakeology to good use. I have the Chocolate Vegan bag and I love love love it. Seriously its my favorite snack and if I could drink it multiple times a day I would. 

My favorite shakes are Chocolate Strawberry, Plain Chocolate, Chocolate Orange Juice, and Chocolate Banana. I currently have been drinking the chocolate banana one for the past 3 mornings. 

Chocolate Strawberry:
             3-4 ice cubes
             1 cup sliced strawberries
             1 scoop shakeology
             1/2 cup water


Plain Chocolate:
              16 oz of water
                1 scoop shakeology


Chocolate Orange Juice:
             3-4 ice cubes
             1/2 cub orange juice
             1 scoop shakeology

Chocolate Banana:
            1 whole banana (I cut it up)
            3-4 ice cubes
            1/2 cup skim milk
             1 scoop shakeology 


I can say that these past 12 days have been great, I have felt better, my clothes fit better, and I have a ton of energy. It is also really easy to follow the containers and the food portions for my meals. I thought it would be fun to step on the scale this week, already down 4 pounds! I'll be excited to see what my end results are at the end of my 21 days. 

                              I love starting an early morning with this girl and our matching "jingle bells" 


What do you to stay fit, strong, and exercise? I'd love to hear from you! Also if you have any great dinner recipes or shakeology recipes I'd love to try them out! 



No comments :

Post a Comment