Pages



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pre-Photoshoo Pampering



The other weekend we had our family maternity session, what was suppose to be a one morning shoot turned into a two day event. That's how crazy southwest Virginia weather can be. I believe Ashley and I both learned that we truly should trust the weather forecast on the day of a shoot and not to be afraid to reschedule. Despite high winds of 20mph and temperatures that clearly felt like they were in the 30s she was able to to get some amazing shots. Ashley seriously is a natural born photographer. We even snuck in a small mini session after church on Sunday so that we could get a few more photos with Tensley (due to freezing temperatures Saturday morning, she opted for a movie in the car). Please head on over to Ashley's blog here to see how amazing the photos turned out!

Today I'm going to give you my day before a family photos pampering tips and tricks. I try to pamper myself the day before a photo-shoot to help get my skin looking it's best and so that my hair will be easier to manage in the morning. Plus as momma's we all know we are typically the last ones to get ready in the morning and care the most about the photos. So we truly have limited time.



Crest White Stripes
Once I schedule a photo-shoot for my family, I always try to pick up a pack up these whiting strips the week before our photos. I use these at least 2-3 times before our photo session and always schedule to use them the evening before! I brush my teeth at night before bed, place the strips on when I finish my bed-time routine and then take them off to go to bed. This little strips truly help me from being so self-conscious about my smile in our photos, especially the colored ones. 





Microdermabrasion Paste    I Love the Microdermabrasion Paste by Rodan + Fields. I used it 1-2 times a week on my face as a mini facial. Though on nights before a photo-shoot, I pretty much bath in this stuff! No, Seriously… I take this jar into the shower with me and exfoliate my skin (I even use to shave my legs!). Not only does it make my skin feel smoother and more hydrated, but it even takes all the dead rusty skin off. Which I love, I want my skin to be looking radiant in our photos and to have a glow to it. This product truly does that for me. 

KMS California:  I love the entire KMS California line. I have tried a few other products, but nothing seems to work for my hair like these. I typically wash my hair every 2-3 days. To help hold any wave I put in, keep it straight, or as of lately my signature mom messy bun. I highly recommend trying this line of products. I also love the volumizing spray and the volumizing mouse. If your local salon doesn't carry the KMS California line, you can order it on Ulta.  

Essie Polish 
I love having my nails done during a photo-shoot. I think it adds a little pop of color and personality. I tend to paint my nails the night before our photos, right before I get into bed. This way I'm forced to sit down and relax, then go straight to bed once they are dry. 
Multi-Funciton Eye Cream  I am always the last one to fall asleep on nights before family photos. I'm always running around putting the finishing touches on everything and getting the least amount of sleep. So I dab a little bit of this on both of my eyes to ensure that there is no dark circles from the small amount of sleep. I even caught my husband dabbing some on his eyes. I'm glad he cares that much about my photos ;) 


I am so happy with how our photos turned out that Ashley did. Plus I love how great my skin felt and extra beautiful I felt. Pampering myself as a mom can be hard to do and with being pregnant its extra hard. So I'm so thankful for this fun day of Spa Time and photos with my sweet family!  

No comments :

Post a Comment