Pages



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thanks for the memories



Back in August I went with my cousin Bekah and her parents (Scott and Carolyn) to San Francisco for 5 days. My cousin Bekah has inherited a disease known as Cystic Fibrosis, which consist of a thick mucus that primarily affects the lungs and digestive system, to find out more click here.

Bekah was eligible to participate in the Make a Wish Program, for many months we all gave her ideas of places to go, things to do or see for her wish. She finally made the decision that she wanted to see Fall Out Boy in California. Plans truly fell together quickly for Bekah, she was would be able to meet them and see them in concert in Concord, CA which allowed us to spend a few extra days in the San Francisco to explore. My sister Stephanie had just moved out to that area earlier that year, she was giving us ideas of many things to do and see when we were able explore the city. Plus arrange a dinner with her sweet family.

We arrived the day before the concert, very late. So we all slept in and pampered ourselves most of the morning on Sunday before we caught our ride to the concert. Our ride that almost made us late! That was a fiasco for sure, the bellman kept saying there was no limo outside yet, but really there was one outside. Some major miscommunication. 30 minutes later, the hot mess was over and we were well on our way....with a little speeding involved.



Heading to the Concert!
The small bit of Concord I saw was beautiful, well for dry mountains (Hills) anyway. I just loved the weather, it was 85 degrees there. My sister wasn't kidding when she said outside of San Francisco area stays about 70-85 degrees year round. Now that's my kind of weather!

We arrived and met up with our Make a Wish gal, Lisa (who was overall awesome!) and made our way to meet the boys. Now I haven't listen to Fall Out Boy since I was a freshman in high school (that's almost 10 years ago now, boy do I feel old). So I currently wasn't up to date on any of their new songs. However I was excited to see them in concert again. I had seen them once before when they came to the Roanoke Civic Center back in 2005. 


Shirt // Pants
The Paramore & Fall Out Boy Show was absolutely amazing! Plus I was actually surprised at how many songs I actually knew of Paramore and Fall Out Boy's new songs. Though I must admit I felt like I was back in high school when Fall Out Boy started playing some of their original songs (you know their pre-break songs). The highlight of my night was singing (okay more like screaming) the lyrics and dancing with Bekah. Oh she was so happy! I'm so thankful and humbled that she asked me to share this special moment with her. To me she is more then just my baby cousin, she is pretty much  my little sister! Love you!


We still had 3 days after the concert in San Francisco. We did what any teenage girl would do, we shopped! I was in complete heaven, especially when I found Nordstroms! We also were able to visit the Japanese gardens, the beach (it was freezing and extremely windy) and rode the trolly car. We all had an absolute blast! 








Though I'd have to say my second favorite thing about this entire trip was dinner with my sister before she headed back out of town the next day for work. So glad I got to see her and the cutest little man I know! 

            





No comments :

Post a Comment