Pages



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

David's Birthday



Last Tuesday (4.21) we celebrated David's Birthday. This year David wasn't thrilled about his birthday, since it was a milestone birthday. I have never known a guy who didn't want to turn 25. Honestly you would have thought he was turning 30! 

He was hoping that if we skipped it all together, he would stay 24. However that isn't how it worked and we celebrated for sure! I took Tensley out that day to pick up his birthday present, another gift card to Gander Mt. He truly loves being outdoors; hiking, camping, biking, you name it. So I knew a gift card would be the perfect choice, then having Tensley and I attempt to pick something out. [Though we do pick out some awesome tools on occasion] 
Since Tensley wasn't getting to truly pick out something special for her dad's birthday, I allowed her to pick the graphic on the gift card. Of course she picked the card with the 3 cute puppies on it. Clearly she is trying to be subtle, I think she is hoping daddy's birthday wish was a puppy. Sadly it was not. 

Knowing that David doesn't eat sweets but on occasion, it was hard for Tensley to understand that daddy didn't want to have a cake or anything for his birthday. To any well respected 3 year old, you can't have a birthday without cake. Am I right! I am so glad this girl pushed for cake, because let's be honest, I don't think its a birthday celebration either without a little something sweet. :) 
So David and I agreed last year that on our birthdays we would get a small slice of cake, pie, or cupcake that the entire family would share. With Tensley's birthday being 5 days after mine and now Everley's birthday will be close behind Davids. Which would mean lots of sweets in a short amount of time. So we agreed to only bake cakes for the girls birthday and share a small treat for our birthdays. Honestly this work out perfect for us, no leftover sweets tempting me during the day. 

Tensley and I hit up our local grocery store after picking up David's present. I tried to convince her that daddy would like a slice of cheesecake or pecan pie to share. However she stated she knows her father better then I do and he would want this semi-large cupcake that had blue icing on it. Though I tried to convince her other wise, we walked out of the store with a blue cupcake. She was so proud of that cupcake, she carried it home! 
 Knowing how thrilled he was to turn 25, I made sure there were 25 candles on that cupcake. Clearly I won't be making wife of the year. Oh well. It was totally worth it to see their faces when I finished putting all the candles on! 






Just like that he made 25 wishes. Probably a little less than 25, I have a feeling a certain mini me blew out a couple of his candles for him. ;)  
[Thanks to my cousin for snapping these pictures. He came over to help move our furniture, Tensley wouldn't let them do any work until after we did the cupcake of course. Priorities!]


This moment was probably the highlight of David's evening. He loves how girly Tensley can be, but nothing makes his heart melt more then to see her tomboy side come out. When it was time for him to put the arms back on the couch, she was quick to help! She did a GREAT job tightening up the bolts, though she couldn't have done any of it without a flashlight. I am so glad Tensley is learning how to use daddy's tools and fix things. Now I can put her to work on my projects that David seems to weasel his way out of. ;)  



No comments :

Post a Comment